Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it”
― Gautama Buddha
I hope 2015 has started off in the direction you hoped for. This winter in Massachusetts, dubbed #snowmagedon2015 on Twitter, has certainly been interesting. I am thankful that my second career does not require me to take the train into work or park on city streets. The slipper commute, in and of itself, would categorize my job as a dream job.
I want to take the time to thank the many of you who provide feedback on my newsletter and blog articles. It is very rewarding to hear how the information has helped you. Please feel free to interact by leaving a comment and by sharing on social media. Make sure to following me on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
This month, I thought I’d have a little fun with a top 10 list. This might resonate with a few of you…
Top 10 signs that you are in the wrong career:
- You find it hard to get out of bed in the morning.
- You drink more than two cups of coffee at work.
- You no longer care what you say or how you say it. (Major Danger Sign)
- “Screw them” is your mantra. (Also major danger)
- You find yourself missing the train regularly.
- More often than ever before, you have reason to work from home.
- You spend most of your time daydreaming about doing something else, anything else.
- You think everyone around you is a complete buffoon…or at least the majority of people. And you are having a tough time concealing your body language about those thoughts; e.g. the eye roll. (Well, this can also be said for for people who are happy in their careers).
- You cherry pick the portions of your job description that you are willing to do.
- Your boss tells you that you are in the wrong career. (Can’t get any clearer than that)
What signs do you see?